Sunday, November 24, 2013

This is a test. Who reads this blog? If you do, and unless we've already told you - we're moving. Yes, we're getting our house ready to put on the market. It's been wonderful to live in Albuquerque, but it's time to move on. We're heading to the sunny skies of Arizona. Specifically we're looking to live close to the new Gilbert temple.

After we get settled in Arizona, we plan to embark on another adventure - a mission. A full time mission - so, like Harvey says, "It's all good". It is all good. I've been dragging my feet about leaving on a mission for the past 2 years. I couldn't bear the thought of leaving our beautiful home here. But when we emptied out the rooms to re-carpet last spring, I looked around and the thought occurred to me, "It's just a house." That was the seed that was planted. Little did I know then, after the new carpet was installed and I was somehow motivated to go through the entire house and clean out every drawer, cupboard and nook, that I was already getting ready to move. It's been so easy to pack up the boxes. We rented a storage unit and we're having a good time putting boxes in it.

Stay tuned - it's going past the, "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission" stage to "We're So Excited About Going On A Mission"!!

Why move to Arizona and then leave? That's a good question. Arizona will be a good "home base" for us ; we may go on more than one mission if we're lucky. Beyond that, there are a lot of other things that have precipitated this change for us - and, again - it's all good! I just can't bear the thought of leaving all of our things in storage and then have to come home and find a house. Home prices are increasing in the area where we want to live and we'd like to be able to afford the house we'd like to live in.

That's our blog for today! Cheers!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wow! Such exciting news! I am still reading your blog...keep us posted on all of your news! We miss you guys, especially coming into this time of year when we got to spend time in Albuquerque with you.

Good luck with everything! We love you guys!